While I was looking for more US releases and the European imports of those. I found several releases that we modified where the release were crunched using a new cruncher or European imports intro were removed so it looked like the original US release. After finding those I decided to start a check of all the US releases to make sure they are correct.
I must admit I didn't expected this task would be such a big project as it is, but I found some funny things.
A funny example is the ATC release of Grand Prix Circuit where you can find versions of this release that works on PAL, but if you check the original ATC release then it only works on NTSC (the reason why SCG, Drive and others imported and pal-fixed the game). After studying that working PAL-release of Grand Prix I found out people have bypassed the SCG intro, so it just were showing the ATC intro.
Another task is still the games imported to Europe where the importing mentions that the game was cracked by ESI, but there's no sign of it in the game. In some of their releases they changed the text, modified a few other things, but I have a few releases that I can't find anything useful information. Again if anyone have information about this you can contact me.
While I was checking the US releases I have also found some new imports from the European groups. In the history there was a number of groups that worked hard on importing the games to Europe. Ikari, Ikari & Talent and Hotline were known for doing plenty of imports. Hotline were a bit special as their imports were both done by the Dutch people and the British people in Hotline. With both sections importing then it happened several times that more than one import exists. Same happened with Ikari and later Ikari & Talent where the British section imported several games, but also the Danish section did plenty too. Some of the imports imported by the Danish division wasn't imported by many. One example could be Curse of the Azure Bonds and it's possible they also imported games like Afterburner USA, and Jackal USA. Still several European imports of the US releases are missing, so let me know if you can help there.
No comments:
Post a Comment