Saturday, June 15, 2013

Looking at the old releases

Since the early days of the Commodore 64 several games got cracked, but in difference till later in the C64 scene most cracks didn't have any intros infront of the game. The name of the cracker or group could be mentioned in the sysline, in changed text, in memory etc.

Lately I had a look at the old releases and several releases got added or updated (several releases got recrunched with a new crucher at a later time). To make it much easier I'm using the searcher tool that also got a sysline search option.

In the first years most of the groups didn't think of the problems between PAL and NTSC modes and when I was looking at the old releases I found this funny example on one of the first european groups who considered about the US scene.

The original release was done by ABC and they used the intro showed on the first screenshot. As this intro does't work on NTSC machines they released an US release with a different intro.

The number of the releases in the archive gets higher and it's close to 48000 cracks in the archive. At the moment I don't add so many new releases as I'm using the time on updating several existing entries in the archive.

No comments: