While I was sorting the disks from Derbyshire Ram I found the US crack of TV Sports Football released by Mirage. This release was on my missing list for a while.
I have heard some years ago that the Mirage cracks had alot of problems and couldn't work, so I decided to test it a bit.
First of all I have to mention that Mirage removed the V-Max V3 protection from the game and replaced with it a normal kernal ROM load. This causes another problem as the game crashes while loading if you don't use a fastload cartridge. Still it's doesn't work if you use Epyx Fastload.
Besides the Mirage crack there's 3 european imports of this game. The F4CG version works like the Mirage release where you have to use a fastload cartridge. The Genesis Project will not work as the Genesis Project intro will kill the cartridge fastload. The Hotline import is more than an import as they fixed the game, so it works without using a fastload cartridge.
Another release to check is the INC release that also works without any fastload cartridge. If you read the scroll text in the intro it mentions that the Mirage version doesn't work and the INC version does. The scrolltext doesn't tell us if the game was fixed from the Mirage crack or INC did their own crack. If you have any info about this please let me know.
The game was also released by DSD and Cosmos. The DSD version is still using the V-Max Loader, but cracked by DSD. The Cosmos version mentions the problem with the other versions of TV Sports Football. It's unsure if they cracked the game themselves or they fixed the Mirage Crack
No comments:
Post a Comment