Friday, February 02, 2007

More sorting and more cleanup

Interesting work has been going on the last week. I have sorted and added a few more titles into the archive, luckily also some titles which were on my missing list. Still the missing are long and I still hope people will transfer disks and try to help to find more stuff. Also more spelling mistakes has been fixed and a few duplicates has been removed here and there. When doing these cleanups the archive aint going so fast as usual, but theres 29115 releases in the archvie so its getting closer and closer to 30000 releases. Thanks to all the people helping with spelling mistakes and pointing out missing games when they find it on the net.

Several people have asked me how many cracks I expect theres released. It's not an easy job to guess the correct number of releases, but Im sure its possible to find over 100000 releases. I know others would say it's way too much. Lets take a simple example - the game Kamikaze got 9 different versions, the game Hazar got 16 different versions, Rainbow Islands got 34 different versions, 1942 got 37 different versions and Rubicon got 3 different versions. This shows that in most cases it would be possible to find 15 different for the most games and then 6667 games needs to have that many versions. With this little example 100000 doesn't look a such a big job. Also if you keep in mind that even having 34 versions of Rainbow Islands Im sure more versions will show up in time.

Over the last weeks several Commodore 64 packs has been offered through filesharing webpages. Alot of interesting stuff that I need to go through in the future. Again thanks to all the people being helpful making those packages available.

No comments: